Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Spring 2017

Most of the days this spring have looked like this...

But even though it's been a wet and cool start to the growing season and we are a bit behind, things are coming along nicely!

The garlic over-wintered successfully under a warm layer of straw. It's looking healthy and green!

Salad greens are still in full force and we're starting to harvest radish. Last week at the farmers' market I threw in a couple of radishes with each bag of salad mix. We should have more of both this week!

The tomatillos are flowering (which seems crazy early) but if the flowers can survive a few more cool nights they should have fruit set soon. I can't wait for fresh green salsa!


The next farmers' market is this Thursday at Greenway Station, 8am to 1pm. Hope to see you there!

Image may contain: 2 people, text
Kids' day at the market this week!

2 comments:

Amy Beth said...

Hi there! I'm your neighbor! Another neighbor friend sent me your blog after learning that my family just got our first group of chickens. He thought we may want to learn a thing or two from you. Which I do! Would love to walk down and meet in person sometime. If you're willing to give me a little tour of your amazing urban farm, I'd be all for that. :). Happy June! -Amy (on Westfield Rd)

Unknown said...

That would be fantastic!